How to connect other racing wheel brands to the Fanatec wheel base?
How can I connect any racing wheel to the Fanatec wheel base?
Many sim racers nowadays have (or will opt) for a Fanatec wheelbase due to the Fanatec eco-system. Once you buy a Fanatec wheelbase, you have no choice but to buy a Fanatec racing wheel. However, from now on there is a solution to this problem. Fanatec came with a great solution, the Fanatec Podium Hub. Thanks to the Podium Hub you as a sim racer can finally connect different sim racing steering wheels from other brands to your Fanatec wheelbase!
Integrating a dedicated ARM processor, the Podium Hubis low latency, firmware upgradeable, and supports 10 buttons and dual 16-bit resolution analogue inputs. Additional buttons, axes, and displays can be connected via the data port.
You can use the Podium Hubto mount wheel rims from Fanatec and other manufacturers. Easily upgrade and customize using Fanatec modular components.
The Fanatec Podium Hub is compatible with racing wheels using the 6x70mm or 3x50mmbolt pattern. It's possible to run third-party racing wheels on PC with a USB cable as used on the OSW Direct Drive.
The Fanatec Podium Hub has connectors for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, two Universal Hub button clusters, and a data port connector for attaching Fanatec button or display modules. Thanks to the included ClubSportQuick Release Adapter you can connect your racing wheel directly to the Fanatec CSL, ClubSport, or Podium wheelbases.
- Gold anodized aluminium monocoque
- Ultra-sturdy and lightweight space frame design
- Two connectors for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module (4 buttons + 2 analogue axes)
- Two connectors for Button Clusters (2 x 3 buttons)
- One data port connector for future accessories (including Podium Button Module Endurance)
- Supports interchangeable Quick Release
- Accepts all Fanatec wheel rims
- Accepts all third-party rims using the 6x70mm or 3x50mm bolt pattern (e.g. Sparco, MOMO, OMP)
- Allows the use of third-party steering wheels with USB cables on all Fanatec bases (USB wheels must be connected separately to the PC)
- Included ClubSport Quick Release Adapter
- Weight (including CS QRA): 563g
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™