Sim-Lab P1-X Sim Racing Rig
Sim-Lab P1-X Sim Racing Rig
Moving forward from the Sim-Lab successful predecessor Sim-Lab is happy to announce the P1-X sim racing rig. It is largely based on all what made the P1 one of the best sim racing rigs available on the market!
As a long-time requested feature, Sim-Lab added the 4 feet brackets for extra stability, but Sim-Lab kept these optional to keep the price sharp. Additionally, Sim-Lab re-worked the pedal tray which now offers a wider range of adjustability.
The newly designed pedal tray give the extra flexibility needed to handle a wide variety of seating positions. It covers movement in all directions including completely flipped around to have the pedals sit on the deck. Also, its configured in such a way that it will accommodate different pedals sets, and the possibility to add an adjustable heel plate which we will release soon.
The uprights are the main focus point when creating a rigid frame. Steering forces are creating a moment (torque force) at the base of the uprights, even more so with the high forces Direct Drive wheels are operating. To counter these effectively, a play-free connection of the upright is essential. These sandwich plates lock the uprights firmly into place. Because they are easy to install, success guaranteed.
Standard the P1 is fitted with a shifter/accessories mount, running from the uprights to the back of the rig. Can be mounted both left and right. In addition, extra 2 profiles are provided to add the possibility of multiple configurations.
Wheel Deck Version:
- Fanatec Club Sport Wheels
- Fanatec Elite wheel series
- Fanatec Podium DD wheels DD1, DD2
- Thrustmaster wheels (T500RS, TC-PS, TS-XW, T300RS, T-GT)
- Logitech G25, G27, G29
- AccuForce V1/V2
- Front Mounting Version:
- Fanatec Club Sport Wheels
- MiGe 130ST (small, big)
- Bodnar 50 series
- Lenze MCS12 series
- SimuCube 2 Sport, Pro, Ultimate
- Podium DD wheel Version:
- Fanatec Podium DD1 & DD2 wheel
- Key Features:
- Base structure featuring 160x40 mm aluminium profiles. Special sandwich plates lock the uprights from any movement.
- Dashboard bracket securely fixates you Servo Drive wheel (Mige, SimuCube)
- Movable seat position (can be positioned inclined)
- Steering wheel position fully adjustable
- Pedal position fully adjustable
- Side mounting point included that can be configured in different ways
- Fanatec pedals can be mounted without additional hardware. Heusinkveld pedals can be mounted without extra materials, all bolts/nuts included.
- Heel plate can be purchased separately.
- Different sizes of spare bolts to mount seat brackets, shifters, and pedals
- Included in the package:
- Aluminium profiles and mounting materials
- Bolts for mounting seats and peripherals
- Schematic instructions available as download
- Rubber feet
- Not Included in the package:
- Adjustable feet - selected separately
- Seat bracket
- Mounting plates for shifter
- Heel plate
- Posted by: Damien on 26 July 2021I loved every second of dealing with Simplace!
I reached out to their support to ask a few questions and not only were they patient as I was learning and planning how best to approach my project but they were also extremely...I loved every second of dealing with Simplace!
I reached out to their support to ask a few questions and not only were they patient as I was learning and planning how best to approach my project but they were also extremely knowledgable and helpful.
I really felt like Simplace showed real integrity and honesty when dealing with me, at one point I asked if I should choose between 2 different monitor stands and I explained my needs, to my surprise I was told that the cheaper option would be more than fine for my needs - After putting everything together this turned out to be the case and I'm so glad that I wasn't upsold something I didn't need!
Everything arrived in a timely fashion as well and I was surprised by how quickly Simplace were able to get my order together and shipped to me.
So customer service gets a 10/10 but what about the hardware?
Well there were no disappointments in this category either, I can honestly say that I don't think I've felt the chassis move at all since putting it all together, Overkill is an understatement, these things are rock solid. There are loads of spares as well. I had seen some discussion around the net about the instructions not being up to scratch, I disagree with this, if you've ever put together anything from ikea then the instructions should be pretty easy to follow.
In summary, I would whole heartedly recommend using Simplace for all of your sim needs!
- Posted by: Johnny on 26 July 2021English in not my native language so I hope the review is understandable. I am very happy with my Simlab P1-X. Receiving the packs is already an experience, the delivery comes in several packs. The packaging is very good, no d...English in not my native language so I hope the review is understandable. I am very happy with my Simlab P1-X. Receiving the packs is already an experience, the delivery comes in several packs. The packaging is very good, no damage to the delivered parts. It's quite a bit of work to build up, but I can enjoy that too (the manual isn't always clear to me). The rig is very stable and totally without flex, I use the wheel deck with a Thrustmaster T - GT wheel and the T - LCM pedals. The pedal tray does not shrink, even with heavy use of the load cell brake pedal. The wheel deck is also without flex. The ability to completely customize the different parts of the rig to your own taste and needs is fantastic. I have the accessories sim shelf and the keyboard tray and these are also an asset to the rig. Also nice is the possibility to hide cables in the slots and this can be nicely covered with the cover strips.
- Posted by: Brendan on 26 July 2021I'm running a Fanatec setup with a DD1, CSL Elite V3 Pedals, Shifter and Handbrake and the rig has absolutely zero flex. Additionally the rig is very adjustable to whatever size you need. I'm a pretty tall guy so it was nice b...I'm running a Fanatec setup with a DD1, CSL Elite V3 Pedals, Shifter and Handbrake and the rig has absolutely zero flex. Additionally the rig is very adjustable to whatever size you need. I'm a pretty tall guy so it was nice being able to fit right into my seat after I got it all set up. The price is high and shipping to America was a tough pill to swallow but now that I've got it all set up I'm very happy with it. Highly recommend people to watch Sim Racing Garage's Sim Lab P1-X Sim Racing Chassis Review if you run into trouble while building it, Barry does a terrific job explaining it all and made it much simpler to assemble.